We only accept text files or files in .doc format (such as from Microsoft Word or Open Office). We do not accept PDF submissions or docx files.
Articles should be approximately 2,000-5,000 words in length. They should be written as continuous expository narrative in a chapter or article style—not as lists of points or a PowerPoint presentation.
Please remember that the articles are to be published in a fully refereed academic journal. This means that the style and structure of your text should be relatively formal. For instance, you should not submit a verbatim transcript of your oral presentation, such as ‘Today I want to speak to you about …’.
Article submissions must contain no more than 30% of textual material published in other places by the same author or authors, and these other places must be acknowledged and cited; in other words, the remaining 70% of the article must be unique and original to your current submission.
Authors must ensure the accuracy of citations, quotations, diagrams, tables and maps.
Articles must be written in accordance with the 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. Either author date or notes and bibliography are acceptable.
Articles must have a minimum of five scholarly references.
Spelling can vary according to national usage, but should be internally consistent.
Articles should be thoroughly checked and proofread before submission, both by the author and a critical editorial friend—after you have submitted your article you are unable to make any changes to it during the refereeing process—although if accepted, you will have a chance to make minor revisions after refereeing and before the final submission of your article.
Articles will be assessed by referees against ten criteria—or fewer, if some criteria do not apply to a particular kind of article (see the Peer Review Process).
In your initial submission, please do not enter in author details. This information is supplied via your CGPublisher profile —you may change this information by logging into http://www.cgpublisher.com and modifying your profile there.
Refrain from using Word Drawing objects. Instead use images imported from a drawing program. Word Drawing objects will not be rendered in the typeset version. Figures should be in JPEG or PNG format only.
In case of symbols, please only insert symbols using standard fonts (e.g. ‘WingDings’, ‘Arial Unicode MS’).
Please avoid using certain advanced Word features, such as: Background or font colors, drawing objects, automatic table of contents and table of indexes, autotext or fields, bookmarks, highlighting, strike-through, embossing and other complex, word text formatting, forms.
Please use our Journal Article Template as a guide to format your article. Please remember to leave the author fields blank if you are using this template for an initial submission.
Figures and images must be clear and easy to view. We cannot improve the quality of images.
Figures and tables need to be placed where they are to appear in the text. If preferred, you can also place images and tables at the end of your article. Please do not submit figures or tables as a separate document.
Please refrain from using Word Drawing objects. Instead use images imported from a drawing program. Word Drawing objects will not be rendered in the typeset version.
Keywords are extremely important in search engine rankings. To achieve better exposure for your article, please make sure your keywords are clear and accurate.
If your article has been rejected we will allow a maximum of ONE further resubmissions until TWO months prior to the anticipated publication date.
The refereeing process for publication in the journal is a rigorous measure of the quality of content. Authors are expected to revise to the standards required of the more negative of the referee reports they receive. For instance, if one referee recommends ‘resubmit with major revisions’ and another ‘resubmit with minor revisions’, the author is expected to resubmit with major revisions.
Furthermore, some articles may have excellent content, but may be poorly expressed in English—in the case, for instance, of authors whose first language is not English. When we receive a negative response from a referee to Criterion 5, ‘Quality of Communication’, we may request a complete rewrite regardless of the overall score.